Vegan Fried Chik’n
For Egg replacement/marinade you will need:
2 tbsp of tahini
2 tbsp mustard
2 tbsp tabasco
For dredging you will need:
1 cup all purpose flour ( plain flour)
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1 heaped tbsp of nutritional yeast
1 tsp of vegan chicken powder
1 tsp of smoked paprika
1 tsp of onion powder
1tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried tarragon
1/2 tsp salt
For the chick’n you will need:
2 packets of Gardein Barbeque Wings
Or Homemade seitan or any mock chicken meat recipe you are familiar with.
1 packet rice paper
I used Gardein because its quick and easy and little fuss when your short for time!
*Whisk all the wet ingredients for the egg replacer/marinade together until all combined.
* Place wings into mix and let marinade sit for 10mins
* Cut rice paper sheets in half and soak individual pieces in warm water until soft but not extremely soft otherwise its a bitch to work with.
* Take a piece of your chick’n and wrap it in the rice paper like you would a burrito just so that the chicken piece is completly covered doesn’t matter if it looks like a wrinkly prune it will still work!
– repeat that with all the wings and set aside
* Now mix all your dry ingredients for the dredging together until evenly combined you can add more spices if you like if you want it spicy add some Cayenne pepper.
* Once your dredging is ready first step is to coat your wings in the flour mix. Once they are all coated in the flour, dip your floured wings into the egg replacer/marinade mix then back into the flour mix then set aside once again.
Once thats all done your ready to get cooking..
I shallowed fried mine in rice bran oil cos thats just how i roll but i suppose you could deep fry them but it’s really not necessary.
If shallow frying allow about 3 mins per side or until looks golden and delicious drain on some paper and Ennnjooyy!
Goes really well with Honeyless Honey mustard which is;
2 tbsp of mustard
1 tbsp of agave nectar