Lasagne is a classic Italian dish that is loved all around the world. It’s a hearty and delicious meal that is perfect for feeding a crowd or for meal prep. While traditional lasagne recipes usually contain meat and dairy products, this vegan version is just as delicious and satisfying, without using any meat substitutes.
This irresistible vegan lasagne recipe is made with fresh vegetables, a rich tomato sauce, and a creamy vegan cheese mixture. It’s a flavorful and filling dish that is perfect for any occasion, from weeknight dinners to holiday meals. This recipe is easy to make and doesn’t require any special equipment or ingredients, making it a great option for beginner cooks.
By using vegan ricotta and parmesan cheese, this recipe avoids the use of animal products while still maintaining the creamy and cheesy texture that lasagne is known for. The vegetables used in this recipe, such as spinach, zucchini, and red bell pepper, provide a variety of nutrients and add delicious flavor and texture to the dish.
Whether you’re a vegan, a vegetarian, or just looking for a delicious and healthy meal, this irresistible vegan lasagne recipe is sure to become a new favorite. With a few simple ingredients and some easy preparation, you can create a flavorful and satisfying meal that will leave everyone asking for seconds.
Vegan Lasagne Recipe Ingredients:
- 12 lasagne noodles
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups vegan ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan cheese
Vegan Lasagne Recipe Instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cook the lasagne noodles according to package directions. Once cooked, rinse them in cold water and set them aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the spinach, zucchini, and red bell pepper to the skillet, and sauté for another 5-7 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the tomato sauce, dried basil, and dried oregano to the skillet, and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the vegan ricotta cheese and vegan parmesan cheese.
- To assemble the lasagne, spread a layer of the vegetable and tomato sauce mixture on the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Add a layer of lasagne noodles on top of the sauce, followed by a layer of the ricotta and parmesan cheese mixture.
- Repeat the layers, finishing with a layer of the vegetable and tomato sauce mixture on top.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let the lasagne cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy your irresistible vegan lasagne!
Here are some tips to help you make the best vegan lasagne:
- Use fresh, high-quality ingredients: The flavor of your lasagne will depend on the quality of your ingredients. Use fresh, organic vegetables and high-quality vegan cheeses to ensure a delicious and flavorful lasagne.
- Cook the noodles properly: Follow the package instructions carefully when cooking the lasagne noodles. Overcooking or undercooking them can result in a mushy or tough lasagne.
- Don’t skimp on the sauce: The tomato sauce is the foundation of your lasagne, so make sure you have enough to cover each layer generously. This will help keep your lasagne moist and flavorful.
- Mix up the vegetables: Feel free to use different vegetables in your lasagne based on your personal preferences. Some great options include mushrooms, eggplant, and kale.
- Let the lasagne rest before serving: Allow the lasagne to cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. This will help it set and make it easier to serve.
- Experiment with herbs and spices: Add different herbs and spices to your tomato sauce or cheese mixture to give your lasagne a unique and delicious flavor. Some great options include thyme, rosemary, and paprika.
- Make it ahead of time: Lasagne is a great make-ahead dish. You can assemble it ahead of time and refrigerate it until you’re ready to bake it. This is a great option for busy weeknights or dinner parties.